List of suspects
[Note 1] Scholl cited the following as motive: Prior to [Note 2] Stalingrad, he was a soldier. There he was able to determine that the German army would never be capable of defeating the Russians. Germany would absolutely lose the war and therefore it was preferable that the war ended before that happened. Every additional day that war was waged meant more unnecessary bloodshed and could not be justified by the leadership. Therefore, students and the intelligentsia should purge the National Socialist system from the people.
- Scholl Hans Fritz, medical student, born September 22, 1918 in Ingersheim, Crailsheim county, citizen of the German Reich, residing in Munich, Franz-Josef Str. 13 c/o Dr. Schmidt, Sergeant (furloughed to study), last APO 33 194,
- Scholl Sophia Magdalena, student of Natural Sciences and Philosophy, born May 9, 1921 in Forchtenberg, Öringen county, citizen of the German Reich, residing in Munich, Franz-Josef Str. 13, ground floor of the Garden House c/o Schmidt,
- /REG/ Schmorell Alexander, medical student, born September 16, 1917 in Orenburg, citizen of the German Reich, residing in Munich, Benediktenwand Str. 12 with his parents, currently presumed to be a member of the Student Company, Bergmannschule,
- Probst Christof, born presumably in 1919, married, (3 children), currently with the Student Company of the Air Force in Innsbruck,
- /REG/ Graf Wilhelm, medical student, born January 2, 1918 in Kuchenheim, Cologne/Aachen county, citizen of the German Reich, residing in Munich, Mandl Str. 1, 2nd floor, Sergeant with the Second Student Company in Munich, (furloughed to study),
- Additionally possible: Graf Anneliese, philosophy student, born January 30, 1921 in Kuchenheim, residing in Munich, Mandl Str. 1, 2nd floor.
Note 1: This document is neither signed nor dated.
Note 2: Could also mean near Stalingrad, ie, on the western side of the front but in the vicinity. This however is not a true statement.
Source: ZC13267 (81)